Benefits of Reading the Gita
The benefits of reading the Gita, according to the Gita itself, are:
- Freedom from fear and sorrow
- Attaining Visnu Padam (the state of Vishnu, the omnipresent preserver.)
- When done together with Pranayama (breath-control exercises), sins of even past births are cleared.
- It destroys Samsaramala, the dirt/waste that sticks to one by living in the world.
- There is no re-birth for the reader.
There is a book called Prarthana Tarangini, which gives the benefits of reading the different chapters of the Gita. I tried it. It works but in a different way from what you might expect. The benefits of reading different chapters, according to the Prarthana Tharingini (prayer book) are as follows:
- Chapter 2: Karya Siddhi: Success in work
- Chapter 3: Easy Delivery of a baby
- Chapter 4: Good Children
- Chapter 5: Success of good deeds
- Chapter 6: All good things
- Chapter 7: Good marriage of child
- Chapter 8: Removal of sorrow
- Chapter 9: Removal of disease
- Chapter 10: Removal of poverty
- Chapter 11: Driving away ghosts
- Chapter 12: Increasing devotion
- Chapter 13: Self Realisation
- Chapter 14: Removal of family conflicts
- Chapter 16: Removal of ill-fame, insults and suspicion
- Chapter 17: Eliminating problems brought on by planetary problems
- Chapter 18: Removal of mental problems and sadness.